Monday, June 21, 2010

Accidentally Country


I'm not really quite sure how it happened. But due to circumstances beyond my control, I am really quite country again. Growing up living on various farms, I always dreamed of city life and was thrilled to move to the city as a teenager. Although I held onto my love of horses always, it was hidden underneath a deep passion for shopping, high heels, nightlife, and all things glam and glitzy.

Suddenly, on the eve of my 33rd birthday, I found myself purchasing a 3 year old *barely* trained horse. A registered Paint gelding, who I would later name Legend. After many bumps and bruises along the way, Legend has become the love of my life, second only to my wonderful husband Steve. These are the tales of an "accidentally country" girl, a misplaced suburban cowgirl of sorts. Because, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment