Monday, June 21, 2010

Crystal Ball


Have you ever wished you could see into the future? Or, more specifically have you ever thought to yourself..."I can't believe I am doing this such and such thing that I never thought I would be doing!"


Of course you have, we all have, right? There have been so many of these moments in my life the last few years. Of course, some of them were just stupid choices on my part but hopefully I will learn from these experiences and move on. The moments I keep going back to in my head are really so insignificant, but still amuse me.


For instance, I have purchased 3 pairs of cowboy boots in the last 2 years. I used to covet Manolos, tear our pics of Louboutins from magazines, dream about YSL couture shoes. Instead now I am searching tack stores for the latest Justin riding boots. I am driving hours to tiny towns to try on boots that remind me of my hillbilly youth. I save my tip money from work, and instead of buying the latest handbag (also a former addiction), I am buying boots with a smoother sole for stirrup safety. What the heck is happening here?! I did buy a pair strictly for looks, but even this isn't without amusement, since I wear them to go country dancing. Yeah, you heard me right, COUNTRY DANCING.


Although this isn't necessarily what I thought I would be doing, I have to say I am pretty content. Perhaps I can find a balance, like when I was little and would go hang out with the goats all day wearing my barbie heels and carrying my purse. Hey, it's never a bad idea to accessorize.


No comments:

Post a Comment